Enrollment Steps for COA Virtual Academy:
Learn, Inform, Connect, Engage!
Step 1: LEARN about Independent Study and program expectations for students and families.
- Watch this video with information about the Independent Study program.
Step 2: INFORM Los Angeles Unified about your interest to participate in City of Angels by:
- Clicking here to access the Parent Portal [English, Spanish] OR
- Calling the district’s hotline at (213) 443-1300 or OR
- Contacting your child’s current school
- For students with an IEP, please contact your current school to schedule an IEP team meeting
Step 3: We know you are excited to CONNECT with the City of Angels.
- Throughout the week, teachers in the City of Angels Online Independent Study Program are reaching out and beginning to hold individual meetings with students and their families.
- In addition to the live Zoom sessions and independent work being assigned by the teachers through Schoology, we are providing additional independent work that your child may complete as part of their daily independent study routine while you await further direction from your child’s teacher.
Step 4: After meeting with your child’s teacher, write down the contact information for your teacher, including email, and stay ENGAGED, informed and communicate your needs and experiences.
For any additional questions, contact email@example.com.