Parent Involvement Policy
Parents are full partners in their child's education and are included in decision-making that determine how Title I funds will be spent. The LAUSD Title I Parental Involvement Policy outlines the guidelines that City of Angels School follows. A school-level Parent and Family Involvement Policy (PIP) is developed jointly with and approved by parents. Parents have the opportunity to participate in the design and implementation of the Title I program through the School Site Council (SSC) and the Local School Leadership Council (LSLC). In addition, each school receiving Title I funds must develop a school-parent compact, which outlines how parents, the school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement.
- Written agreement between the school and the parents of children receiving Title I services
- Identifies activities that the parents, entire school staff, and the students will undertake to share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement
- Outlines the activities that the parents, school staff, and students will undertake to build and develop a partnership for achieving the state's high academic standards
- The school's responsibility to provide high-quality curriculum and instruction to enable students to meet state standards
- Ways in which parents will be responsible for supporting their child's learning
- The importance of ongoing communication between teachers and parents, at a minimum:
- Annual parent-teacher conferences (elementary)'
- Frequent reports to parents on their child's progress
- Reasonable access to staff
- Opportunities to volunteer
- Opportunities to observe classroom activities